We’ve all turned into bakers this year - well, most of us, anyway. This collection of baking recipes is perfect for those December cravings! Enter the baker’s paradise with this mouth-watering and easy to bake collection of recipes, specially curated for your celebration.
This is a Baker’s Box of Christmas Desserts!
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 2 1/4 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Butternut’s Chocolate Peanut Butter spread (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup butternut squash (cooked and mashed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- Optional: 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake papers.
- In a medium bowl or onto a sheet of waxed paper, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, peanut butter spread and sugar until well blended.
- Beat eggs into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Add the mashed butternut squash and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk and blending thoroughly after each addition. Stir in the chopped pecans, if using.
- Fill the lined muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake for about 18 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and cool completely on a rack before frosting.
Chocolate Almond Mousse
- 3 eggs (~55g/2 oz each)
- 125g / 4.5 oz dark chocolate , bittersweet / 70% cocoa
- 10g / 0.3 oz Honey Almond Butter from Butternut
- 1/2 cup cream, full fat
- 3 tbsp caster sugar (superfine white sugar)
- Separate eggs and yolks while eggs are cold.
- Whisk the yolks in a small bowl
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until smooth. Set aside to cool - proceed with other steps.
- Beat the cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form
- Add sugar to the whites in a large bowl and beat until firm peaks form
- Fold egg yolks into cream using a rubber spatula - 8 folds max. Streaks are ok.
- Check Chocolate Temp: Touch the chocolate. Should still be runny but only lukewarm. If too thick, microwave 2 x 3 seconds until runny.
- Pour chocolate into cream yolk mixture. Fold through - 8 folds max. Streaks ok.
- Add 1/4 of beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture. Fold through until incorporated - "smear" the spatula across the surface to blend white lumps in - aim for 10 folds.
- Pour chocolate mixture into egg whites. Fold through until incorporated and no more white lumps remain - aim for 12 folds max.
- Divide mixture between 4 small glasses or pots. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, garnish with cream and chocolate shavings. Raspberries and a tiny sprig of mint for colour would also be lovely!
Muesli Mango Parfait
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) Toasted Muesli from Monsoon Harvest
- 3 mangoes
- 1 1/2 cups (420g) natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Divide Monsoon Harvest’s muesli among 4 tall parfait or sundae glasses.
- Once you add the thickly sliced mango to the glasses, divide yoghurt among each.
- Drizzle honey over the top of each parfait and serve.
Cheesy Spaghetti Bake
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of Sprig’s Cheese and Black Pepper Aioli
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a pasta bowl.
- Combine garlic and olive oil in a cold skillet. Cook over medium heat to slowly toast garlic, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low when olive oil begins to bubble. Cook and stir until garlic is golden brown, about another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt into the pasta. Pour in olive oil, Sprig’s Aioli and garlic, and sprinkle on Italian parsley and half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese; stir until combined.
- Serve pasta topped with the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Rainbow cookies - brownsalt / sprig
7 layer dips - naagin
Chocolate rolls - rage / butternut
Tofu scramble - naagin
Chocolate fondue/fountain - rage
Spiced tea - tea trunk
Muesli muffins - monsoon harvest